Wednesday, January 25, 2006

My "Childhood" Mix

Now for part two in my Mix CD series. This is my Childhood Mix. These are all the songs that remind me of when I was a young lad. I tried to include mostly cheesy 80's songs. Think 100.3 FM Pillow Talk (that's DETROIT radio) on the way home from fireworks shows...or watching music videos on MTV on sunny afternoons when you should be outside playing in the sandbox. Some of these might have been in my collection of 45 records (I used to prefer them to cassette tapes. I knew my shit even as a little kid!).

The one thing tying these songs together is that they all make me nastalgic. They all send me back, one way or another, to a simpler time. A time when life's important choices consisted of a blue popsicle vs. a red one, and when a Disney cartoon could be viewed every single day and never get old. This music is classic in a way. It might not hold as much importance to you, but I think some will still get a kick out of this collection. Once again, I'd be happy to burn this mix for anyone.

1) dire straits - money for nothing

2) a-ha - take on me
3) johnny hates jazz - shattered dreams
4) tears for fears - everybody wants to rule the world
5) duran duran - save a prayer
6) the church - under the milky way tonight
7) naked eyes - always something there to remind me
8) phil collins - take me home
9) huey lewis - stuck with you
10) journey - lights
11) madonna - live to tell
12) michael jackson - human nature
13) cyndi lauper - time after time
14) steve perry - oh sherrie
15) pet shop boys - west end girls
16) real life - send me an angel
17) fine young cannibals - she drives me crazy

No comments: