Monday, February 06, 2006

The "Sexy Ass" Mix

So I know what you're thinking. What the flip is a Sexy Ass Mix??? Well, in honor of (or in spite of) the upcoming holiday of Valentine's Day, I thought I would make a list of all the music that I consider to be damn sexy.

And I know what you're thinking now. Valentine's Day isn't a real holiday and it's just a ploy to get people to either spend money or feel like shit. Am I right?? It looks like I will be in the "lacking a valentine" group. But regardless, this is a great mix. And if I had a valentine, I would play this for her.

What you'll find here is some classic songs, as well as some you've probably never heard. Some are straight-up love songs, and some just have the appropriate flow and groove. There's two Massive Attack songs, cuz they're super sexy Brits. Many of these come from Yahoo Radio's Chill Out station, which I listened to obsessively sophomore and junior year at MSU.

As always, I'd be happy to burn this CD for anyone, wether you'll be spending the holiday with a loved one or crying yourself to sleep. God I crack myself up.
  1. mazzy star – fade into you
  2. chris isaak – wicked game
  3. sneaker pimps – six underground
  4. 311 – lovesong
  5. gorillaz – tomorrow comes today
  6. the cardigans – iron man
  7. portishead - sour times
  8. massive attack - protection
  9. air – all I need
  10. morcheeba – trigger hippie
  11. massive attack - exchange
  12. royksopp – in space
  13. dido – honestly ok
  14. bjork – immature
  15. phil collins - in the air tonight
  16. my bloody valentine - sometimes
  17. iron & wine – love and some verses
Now that I've got that out of my unloved system, let's focus our energy on a far superior holiday...St. Patty's Day!

No comments: