Tuesday, July 18, 2006

French Kicks new album out today


French Kicks' new album Two Thousand was released today on Startime International Records. They have been one of my favorite bands over the past two years. I feel that they have been severely underappreciated by indie music critics and audiences (especially in Detroit) alike. I have no idea what the new album is like, but I still wanted to get the word out. Their live shows cover for the rare shortcomings in their studio recordings. Few bands can entrance me the way that they have. They are playing in Detroit at the Magic Stick on 7/26, in Grand Rapids at Intersection on 7/29, and in Chicago at Double Door on 8/26. They are also playing some kind of private show with Phoenix at Double Door on 7/28. I tried to get tickets for it but they only sold about 15 to the public. I almost ninja kicked the lady at the ticket booth when the guy in front of me bought the last ticket. Arrrrrggghhh. Anyway, here is the Myspace link for French Kicks so you can check them out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.