Thursday, March 30, 2006

An Ode to Wolfie

I know what you're thinking. "Why hasn't Nick posted anything lately? What am I going to do with my time besides read the blog over and over and over again."

....Okay, so maybe no one even reads this. But either way, I thought I should explain the current drought of material. On March 27, I adopted a dog from the Chicago Animal Control. They had named him Wolfie (picture left) and I probably won't change it. He's a chow/lab mix 1 year old male, about 45 lbs. And he rules. I saved him from certain death and/or dumb owners. So this week has been kind of like having a little kid live with me. Granted, he's a lot better than I would have expected. He's well behaved (except for the standard young dog things like jumping up to see what's on the kitchen counters) and he bonded to me almost immediately.

He enjoys the finer things in life...like rawhides, long walks on the waterfront, and sniffing butts. He is a perfect example of why you should never get a dog from a pet shop or breeder. Go to a damn shelter and adopt a dog. If you choose wisely, it will be very rewarding (and $100's less than the other option). Do it.

In other news, I'm moving to my own apartment on Saturday, April 1st. So once I get settled there I'll probably start writing again. Then again, maybe I should figure out where my life is heading first, and then get back to writing. We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's beautiful, congrats! It always makes me happy when people adopt shelter dogs--and really, mutts are great. Fewer health issues (generally speaking) and great personalities. Good luck with him, with that breed mix, he'll likely be high energy, but worth it. :)