Tuesday, June 20, 2006

My Apologies



I feel that I owe a sincere apology. Has it really been over two months since I posted anything on here? Time flies so quickly now. Adopting a dog has been vaguely similar to adopting a child, which makes me vaguely similar to a single dad. On top of that, I've been hard at work on my new career goal (yes, I've finally given up on veterinary school). I'm working on an application to MSU's Masters of Journalism program. My goal is to one day create my own independent music publication. I don't know yet if I will make it printed or solely online. The environmentalist in me would like it to be online. Anyways, if all goes well I will be back at MSU by January.

Now that it's summer, I'm also back in Michigan a lot, specifically Traverse City and Troy. Little Jeffy just has his high school graduation party last Saturday. I hadn't been to Troy in about 6 months. It was nice. I got real messed up. Plus, suburbia isn't so bad, but Detroit desperately needs mass transportation. Damn you, Big Three. They have trains in Japan, and they still make better cars than you.

Anyways...add your general weekly errands and outtings, and that leaves me with hardly any free time lately. That absent free time is what I used to fill by writing CD reviews. Now I exhaust the little free time I have keeping up with music, and filling my iPod with the 10,000 songs it now contains (that's ten thousand, if you were confused). So I'm a little obsessed. At least I care about something.

So hopefully I'll be able to get a CD review up here once in a while. But that's not what's most important to me anyways. What's most important is getting into the professional world ASAP doing something that is fulfilling to me and helps the community around me. Hopefully that will be southeastern Michigan, but who knows. For now, I recommend you check out the bands at Chicago's Pitchfork Music Festival this summer. (http://www.pitchforkmusicfestival.com). Also, check out the Chicago Innerview magazine. I'll be helping out with their street team this summer. (http://www.chicagoinnerview.com). The picture above is the Chicago skyline as viewed while driving back after Memorial Day weekend. Enjoy!

No comments: